Sales & Engineering Assistant
About the business and the role
Hypac is an Adelaide based manufacturer of marine deck equipment for high speed commercial vessels. With a strong emphasis on hydraulic equipment, we design and manufacture lightweight anchoring, mooring and steering systems for shipyards in Australia, Asia and beyond, for craft from 25 to 120m in length.
Under the direction of hands-on management and highly skilled, cross-trained engineers, Hypac works with one objective; to create a workable solution with a hydraulic system that is accurate, hardworking and reliable no matter how harsh the conditions or demanding the application, anywhere on land or water.
Due to continual growth, Hypac seeks a Sales and Engineering assistant to assist our engineering and sales teams. You will find this office based role to be exceptionally diverse. It will provide an opportunity to demonstrate your mechanical design, drafting, hydraulic, sales and project management skills.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Project management of equipment being manufactured to fill existing orders.
- Mechanical design and drafting of new & existing products.
- Maintain the Hypac brand, via Email & phone, with customers located in Australia, Asia and abroad.
- Quoting and sales of spare parts for equipment currently in service.
- Liaise with marine classification societies as required.
- Prepare and maintain technical and logistics documentation as required.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of incoming parts.
Skills and experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the marine industry, ideally with an OEM.
- Trade or undergraduate qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous experience with design and/or maintenance of fluid power systems.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders both internal and external to the company.
- Proficient with Word, Excel.
- Understanding of ISO9001 quality system.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor.
Job benefits and perks
- Unique opportunity to make a major impact in a marine OEM
- A new and modern workplace.
Role Sales & Engineering Assistant
Location Largs Bay SA
Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Pay Type Annual Salary
Pay Range $65,000 – $80,000
Contact: Grant Kemp
Phone: 08 8249 9433